Public Safety has received reports of a male individual harassing females in the Rendezvous and Turner Hall buildings on campus. The alleged suspect has approached women who are alone and has engaged in unwanted or unwelcome physical contact usually involving a hug. University officials know the identity of the alleged assailant and he has been suspended from all campus buildings and property until the student conduct process has been completed.
Public Safety encourages anyone who believes they or a friend have been a victim of similar incidents to immediately contact Public Safety at (208) 282-2515.
To minimize your risk on campus, it is critical to keep the following points in mind:
- Avoid being alone with someone you do not know well and trust.
- Don’t prop open entrances to buildings.
- Don’t allow people you do not know well to follow you through doors of locked buildings.
- Take extra care and be aware of your surroundings.
- Walk together in groups when possible.
- Lock your doors and windows while home or away.
- Notify Public Safety at (208) 282-2515 if you see something suspicious, feel unsafe while on campus, or would like a safety escort on campus.